- Type: Dessert
- Time: 60 min
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen CurrantC™ Black Currants, thawed
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cups water
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3/4 Cups butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 3/4 Cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the CurrantC™ Black Currants, white sugar, and water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until all of the Black Currants have popped, and the mixture is thick, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, melted butter, and eggs.
- Stir in the oats, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- Set aside about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture, and spread the rest into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pack down to form a solid crust, getting it as even as possible.
- Spread the cooled Black Currant mixture over the crust.
- Pinch off pieces of the remaining mixture and place evenly over the Black Currant layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is lightly browned.
- Cool in the pan for 1 hour before slicing into bars.