Skip to content
- Type: Dessert
- Time: 30 (1-2 hours to chill)
- 9 Ounces frozen CurrantC™ Black Currants, thawed
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons gelatine
- 4 Ounces heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- Fresh whipped cream to decorate
- Reserve a few whole Black Currants for decoration.
- Press the rest through a sieve into a measuring jug, then make up the puree to 1/4 pint with water.
- Combine the Black Currant puree, sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Place 2 tbsp water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on to the liquid.
- Stand the bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir the gelatine until it has dissolved completely. Cool slightly.
- Fold a little of the Black Currant puree into the cooled gelatine, then whisk this mixture into the bowl of Black Currant puree.
- Leave in a cool place until the mixture starts to set.
- In a deep bowl, whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the Black Currant mixture with a metal spoon
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl, and fold in.
- Make sure that the mixture is thoroughly and evenly blended but do not overmix.
- Pour gently into a glass dish, a wetted 17 fl oz mold or individual glasses.
- Refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours until set, then turn out if necessary and decorate with whipped cream and the reserved Black Currants.