Skip to content
1860’s Currant Wine Recipe
- Type: Wine
- Time: Over 3 months (includes barrel resting)
- Servings: 8
- 16 pounds of currants
- 3 gallons of water
- 14 pounds of sugar
- 1 pint of Brandy
- 1 pint of raspberries
- Take 16 pounds of farm fresh currants and three gallons of water.
- Break the currants with your hands in the water and let them stand for three days.
- Strain it off.
- Add fourteen pounds of sugar.
- Strain it into a vessel.
- Add one pint of Brandy and one pint of raspberries and strain again.
- Add isinglass, bottle and let stand three months.