- Type: Dessert
- Time: 45 min
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/3 Cup plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 3/4 Cups butter, cubed and softened
- 1 Cup soft brown sugar
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Pound cooking (tart) apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Cup CurrantC™ Dried Black Currants
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt, then rub in the butter or margarine.
- Stir in the sugar and oats.
- Add butter into the flour mixture and combine with a dough blender or 2 butter knives.
- Spoon half of the flour mixture into the base of a greased and parchment lined 9 inch square cake pan.
- Mix the apples, cornstarch and spices and spread over.
- Top with CurrantC™ Dried Black Currants.
- Spoon over the remaining flour mixture and level the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes until springy.
- Leave to cool, then cut into bars.