Skip to content
Black and Red Currant Tarts
- Type: Dessert
- Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6
- 1 Cup frozen CurrantC™ Black Currants, thawed
- 1 Cup frozen Red Currants, thawed
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons chopped sweet cicely (may substitute fennel fronds)
- Premade pastry dough
- Ready made pastry dough or shells.
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Use the pastry to line 6 tart tins 2-inches deep by 2 inches diameter.
- Mix the currants with the honey & cicely.
- Fill the pastry with the CurrantC™ Black Currants and Red Currants.
- Cover each tart individually with foil & place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
- If you wish, whip up some cream & pipe it onto the tarts. Decorate with sugared Balck and Red Currants.