Quick and easy to make, this mixed berry sauce is delicious spooned over cheesecake, vanilla ice cream, pancakes, or waffles.
Thickened only with puréed fruit (and not cornstarch like many dessert fruit sauces), it has an intense and pure berry flavor.
- Type: Jam
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cooling Time: 8 hr
- Servings: 10-12
4 Cups frozen CurrantC™ Black Currants, thawed
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 5 Whole cloves
- 5 Whole allspice berries
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Cups sugar
- Place Black Currants and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Wrap cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks in a spice bag.
- Place in the water with Black Currants.
- Cook until Black Currants begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and reduce heat to low.
- Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Discard spice bag.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.