- Type: Cocktail
- Time: 20 min
- Servings: 10
If you love margaritas, this red currant margarita recipe with a salt rim is a fun new cocktail to try. We suggest making a batch for entertaining with home made redcurrant syrup!
- 35 oz CurrantC™ Red Currants
- 5 lime (juice)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cup white tequila (we use Espolon Blanco Tequila)
- 7/8 cup Cointreau
- ice for shaking
- crushed ice for serving
- salt for garnish
- red currants for garnish
- lime for garnish
- To create the currant syrup.
- Juice the limes into a small saucepan.
- Wash the currants and add to pot with water and sugar.
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat and let simmer for approx. 5 min.
- Pour the syrup through a sieve and allow to cool.
- For the garnish
- Put salt on a flat plate.
- Halve lime and rub halfway around the edge of the serving glasses with cut-side.
- Dip lime-coated side into the salt to create a salt rim.
- To make the drink
- Add Tequila, Cointreau, some currant syrup, and a handful of ice to shaker.
- Seal tightly, shake vigorously, and divide among glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with lime and fresh currants. Enjoy!